Sunday 12 February 2012

the czechs are coming!

Starting today with Jan Rezek, I'll post a series of portraits throughout these following days that I did. The guys portrayed in these monotypes are members of the national Czech Republic soccer/football team which will be playing at the European Championship in Poland/Ukraine this year. I illustrated them for a sticker album to be published by Tschuttiheftli who is going to give a large part of its proceeds to the charity Viva con Agua.
Personally, I wanted to combine each portrait with a czech related cultural object or to reference some of it in some kind of way.

Today is an easy one, as I combined Jan Rezek with Becharovka.

bad economy


-------------------------------

As you may have noticed, it's not the first one I've posted here. I previously showed you Michal Bilek whom I combined with the Crown of Saint Wenceslas.

bad economy

Philip Schaufelberger

optically different 'lip

No comments: